Release Note — v8.1.1
While we continue to build new features, squash bugs, and plan new releases in order to improve your DNIF experience, here’s a summary of what has changed since our last release…
You can now create and assign cases based on modules triggered within you INBOX view. Simply select the modules triggered and add them to a “case”. Bonus Point: When you explore a case you are greeted with a beautiful UI that lets you drill down further based on “Pivot Field”.
Managing your DNIF deployment made easy
We understand how difficult it is to monitor and manage multiple instances of your IT infra. To make things simple when it comes to monitoring and managing your DNIF deployment, we would like to introduce you to DCC. It is the swiss army knife of your DNIF deployment. You can now perform:
- Service management.
- Setup / reconfiguration.
- Backup / Index management. And much more…all this from your command line. Here is a brief introduction:
Check your DNIF version directly in console
You can see the existing DNIF version for your SCOPE in the bottom left hand corner on the DNIF web console.
Don’t Wait for Usage Alert Emails
You can now configure a ticker alert to see utilisation alerts directly in the console.
Ingestion queue management is here at last!
Never run the risk of stalling your data ingestion process or overwhelming your Adapter entirely. You can now set up alerts to proactively manage log ingestion load at Adapter, by default the values are set as follows:
- High: 100,000 log events
- Medium: 50,000 log events
- Low: 10,000 log events
Note: These values are customisable from the backend and you will receive email alerts based on the thresholds set.
Too many packages to scroll? Why not filter them.
Within the REPOSITORY view, users can now filter packages listed within DNIF cloud based on Date and Name. Users can also select the toggle button to list only those packages that are created by DNIF team.
- You can now perform a case-insensitive text search within a field using regex. You can find a tutorial here.
- We built Adapter queue management so you would no longer the service named
Syncdumpand hence, we have deprecated it.
- You can now get all the module related information in the data stack when using the
_raise module...pipelined query.
- You can now perform join operations on labels with the newly introduced function sjoin, checkout the tutorial here.
- Profiles can now be deleted from a package.
- Count of entities (reports, dashboards, widget, etc) can now be seen within package view.
In the above image - the numbers in the yellow circle represents the respective count of entities.
If you have ideas or suggestions on how to make our platform even better, please join our DNIF community and send us your ideas to: [email protected]